paradise

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Christmas gokart Dec 2014

We decided to get William a gokart for Christmas this year.  I was remembering back to my childhood and we had a go kart or 2 around his age and I just remembered how much fun we had driving it.  I kept my eyes open and searched KSL and the facebook yardsale sights until I found it.  I really wanted one that was simple enough that he could learn the mechanics of it.  In my mind this is the perfect time to teach him about engines and I want him to be able to learn how one works and how to take care of it, even fix it if needed.  A little machine like this is the perfect tool to teach him that. We are also able to adjust the top speed of this go kart so he can get used to driving at a speed he is comfortable with.
It was a little funny that we mentioned to some of our friends that we were getting Willliam a go kart that they decided to get their son a go kart.  The went all out and bought a nice new one totally decked out.  At first I felt a little underwhelmed about our little go kart until I remembered the reason we went with this one.  
William was over the moon with his little ride.  He was so cautious with it he wanted me to turn the speed down.  I told him it was as slow as the engine would go and assured him he was doing fine.  After some practice he got that thing zooming at its top speed of 35 mph. without any qualms.  Mister safety does insist on wearing his helmet which I am grateful for but he also added a bungee chord seat belt that I think is a little ridiculous. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive