paradise

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Manila Creek Park

It has been Hot.  I actually like the hot but we still needed to find a watering hole to cool off.  This particular day we chose the Manila Creek Park.  Its a little reservoir where you can swim and fish.  The water is quite brisk but on a day in triple digits, the cold is welcome.  After just arriving a truck pulls up to restock the fish.  This was really a treat for the kids. (I am including myself as a kid)  They hooked up this pipe to the tank off the truck, pulled the switch and tons of fish came spurting out.  The kids all squealed with excitement and the fish jumped and squirmed around their ankles.  Some caught the fish with their bare hands and others shied away.  I have never experienced this before and was equally delighted as the children were.  
William brought a couple of friends to the pond and they spent the majority of their time in the boat paddling back and forth exploring the little reservoir.  Now that my kids can all swim I am having a little more freedom. I took the opportunity to swim back and forth a couple time stretching and exercising in the refreshing water.  Nothing drastic mind you just enjoyable.  I love little morsels of summer like this.


I am trying to upload a video of fish restocking.  If I can get it to work its fun to watch.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive