paradise

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Aloha

those sweet smelling lei's

the pool at our hotel


Aloha from Hawaii.  Well after years of trying to make it to Hawaii we finally did it.  After searching and searching we finally found a good deal that fit in our budget, and everything  worked out perfectly.  Even my sprained ankle turned out to be a blessing in disguise.  By pushing our trip back to accommodate my healing we saved over $1000.
As we got off the plane we were greeted with the most amazing smells.  The flower lei's smelled incredible.  Then we were greeted by my most favorite. . . the Sun.   You know me add sun, sand and water and I am the happiest person alive.
Now I have a theory about why I love the sun so much. And I really do love no crave the sun.  Some of you know that my body has trouble absorbing calcium.  Now the body needs vitamin D to help it absorb and metabolize calcium.  What better source of vitamin D than the sun?
So there you have it, I have an actual medical excuse for needing to be in the sun all the time. Does that mean I can write off my trip as therapy?
We knew it was going to be a good trip when our luggage arrived with us and we got a free upgrade to a convertible without even mentioning anything.  A good perk when everyone thinks your on your honeymoon.
Everywhere we went people assumed or asked if we were on our honeymoon.  They were shocked when we told them we've been married for over 13 years. I am taking that as a compliment that after 13 years we still enjoy each other enough for people to think that.
view from our room


Scott's sweet upgrade
We stayed at the Outrigger Reef on the beach.  It was a fabulous hotel right on the beach close to everything.  We were even more stoked when we found out that our room normally goes for $550 a night and we got it for less than $200 thanks to timing and Travelocity.


part of the beach from our hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive