paradise

Friday, November 11, 2011

white christmas



For Ellie's birthday we decided to indulged her love of drama by taking her to a play.  We went to White Christmas, a play I knew nothing about but thought it would be appropriate.  Ellie was excited.  I can always tell when she is excited or nervous, she talks a lot, Okay a lot more than usual.  Can I just say I loved it!!!  I know it was for Ellie but Scott and I enjoyed it just as much if not more. It was funny, whitty, charming, and overall entertaining.  I give it 2 thumbs up.  I loved how they included the audience in a few of the scenes.  The first shared scene they had us join them in singing a Christmas carol.  I'm not sure if the actor was too emotional to finish the song or the play was written that way but it was very touching and a great way to start off the show.
There was some great singing and dancing involved.  The dancing was mostly tap (one of my favs) I just wanted to get up on the stage an join them.  The whole thing was set in the 1950's an era I really enjoy.  Scott said the whole thing was a little cheesy and the music was what he calls Vegas Lounge music.  I actually LOVE Vegas lounge music so that made the play even better.  Ellie's favorite part was the snow at  the last scene.  She asked me before the play started if they were going to make it snow.  I was doubtful and told her that it was just a college play not Disney.  But snow they made (actually foam) but it had the same affect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive