paradise

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Bubble birthday party















































For Brennen's birthday we went with a bubble theme. Perfect for 3 and 4 year olds. Because they were young I didn't have a lot of organized activities planned. One thing I did have planned was bubble paintings. Basically you stir washable paint (I used tempra paint) in bubble solution. It took me a little experimenting to get the right paint to bubble ratio. Take a straw and just blow as many bubbles from the solutions as you want. the more the better. Then take a thick paper like card stock or construction paper, lay it on top of the bubbles and voila fun bubble picture.





The one game we had was a bubble cloud. Birthday boy stands in the middle and everyone blows as many bubbles as they can at him. After the birthday boy each kid gets a turn.





The rest of the stuff was just fun. I filled the trampoline with 150 balloons so the kids could jump in the "bubbles". A bubble machine was spurting out tons of bubbles, and a kiddie pool was also filled with bubble solution so the kids could use their imagination with all different kinds of bubble wands. We also rolled the kids around in the giant bubble we got for Easter and Ellie the bubble fairy was popping around helping the kids.





One of the favorite things was the bubble dance floor. I taped bubble wrap to the ground at the entrance of the party and the main patio. Even the grownups couldn't help but walk all over to pop away.











After the party we started cleaning up when Brennen comes up to me in all seriousness and asks. "Mom, do you think those kids had fun?"




I asked "well did YOU have fun?"


after thinking it over he said. "Ya, ya I did."




"Well buddy I bet they had fun too then."




"Oh, okay . . Good."
















































































































1 comment:

  1. Haha, great ideas. I have to see this red ball thingy in person. Looks super fun.
    -S

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive