paradise

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers day
























For Mothers day this year Ellie painted this beautiful card for me and gave me a night of free babysitting.

William made this jewelry box for me with a note about how he loves me and that I weigh 400 lbs and am 70 inches tall. It was one of those fill in the blanks.

Brennen and Peter gave me loves, kisses, and laughter.

I am not really a fan of mothers day. It is always a reminder to me of the things that I should be doing better. That and there is at least one of my kids that doesn't get the memo that its mothers day. This year it was William he was being such a spoiled stinker today. It didn't matter how many chores I gave him he just wasn't gonna clean up his act. So at times like this I think that mothers day is a day for me to celebrate my mother not for me to be celebrated.

I remember the worst mother day I had was before I was a mother myself. It was shortly after my rock climbing accident and I had graduated to a walker. I was trying to get dinner ready for my mom but I was having a hard time getting around the kitchen with my back brace and broken legs. My mother seeing my struggle said "Oh Jane, just get out of the kitchen and let me do it." I know it didn't really bother her to help fix her own mothers day dinner but I felt awful. It was the first time I was mad about being an invalid, because I couldn't do for my mom what she definitely deserved. Now thanks to her I am well and doing all kinds of things I feel like I just can't do enough to repay her for what she has done for me. I love you mom. Happy Mothers Day.

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive