paradise

Sunday, September 19, 2010

PROJECT phase 4









I have a new appreciation for net makers!! I wanted to do something a little more elaborate with the rope on the railing than just a criss cross pattern. I tried and failed many times to make a knotted diamond pattern that would be small enough that Peter couldn't wiggle through. After 2 hours I gave up and went with the basic criss cross pattern. It works, although for my final side I think I will put the eye hooks closer together.
I also installed the the pulley system (probably the easiest part of this project). The kids LOVE this feature. I made sure to install a pulley that can handle 150lbs in case they get the idea to haul each other up in the bucket. Not recommended but they will probable try it.
I also finished the trap door. Nothing super fancy but it does the job. Today I made a rope loop ladder that they can use to get up or down the trap door. Basically I tied a bunch of big loops in a single line of rope so they could put their feet through the loops to boost themselves up or lower down, again extreamely basic but very utilitarian. I should finish the entire project tomorrow. We are going to have a "painting" (water sealant, the wood will stay its natural color) party for FHE to complete the treehouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive