paradise

Thursday, September 16, 2010

PROJECT phase 3






Okay I don't really know how many phases this is going to take me (probably 20)so just stay posted. I am doing this little be little and trying to figure out solutions, problems, plans etc. as I go. It takes a little ingenuity because I am trying to use as much reclaimed wood I got from a construction site as I can.
So, yesterday I completed the ladder and a good portion of the railing. The ladder took me some time because I had to figure out the angles and I had no extra wood. Who would have thought I needed that geometry class? I guess I should have paid more attention when they said I would use this someday. I do have a square which my children love to point out that it is a triangle and NOT a square. However not really using one for its designated purpose before, it took me about 15 min to figure out the whole angle measure, marking thing. The ladder steps look a little sloped in the pic but that is because of how I was standing when I took it. I can assure you they are fabulous.
I think I am going to do crisscross rope on 3 sides of the railing. In part because it would be cheaper, and because it would be easier. Either way I am still having fun. I just wish I could work on it as much as I wanted and not have to worry about dance class, tennis, gymnastics, school, meal times etc. etc.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, awesome. IT looks great. Can't wait to have game night in it.
    -STEEEV

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive