paradise

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pets



The kids played with the Duck all day. They filled up the kiddie pool and swam together who needs a rubber duck when you have a real one. it was really cute. After a day of freedom, Waddles decided it was the life for him. He flew away the next day. Its okay. I was counting on that the day we brought him home. 1 down 1 to go.
We put Cassie for sale on craigslist she got a new home right away. She wasn't a bad dog. It was just one more thing I had to take care of. The kids didn't care either. Right up until the guy came to pick her up. then William broke down into big crocodile tears. The new owner almost didn't want to take her away because William was so pitifully sad. I assured him it was just because it was past his bedtime.
We had a good run but it feels very liberating to be a pet free home. Now my kids want a cat. I told them we have to have a grieving period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive