paradise

Monday, August 16, 2010

Harvest time


I know the pictures are blurry I lost my camera and have been using my cell phone. Camera come back to me. . .
It was time for us to harvest some of our veggies from our garden. Unfortunately the squirrels thought so also. They ate all of my tomatoes just as they were turning red. They also ate our bean and Lima bean plants. The birds ate all my beautiful peaches. We have tried everything to keep them away but nothing seems to be working. If only we had a dog. . . oh wait we do. . . she is useless. I think her only function is to eat whatever food Peter throws on the floor. Our corn was more like a cob with a few kernels than an actual ear of corn. Its a good thing we don't actually depend on our garden to feed us or we would starve.
On the up side our cucumber, squash, zucchini, cilantro, honeydew melons and peas are doing good. My Peas are doing great and they taste delicious. Our potatoes and onions are still not ready. I guess those are more of a fall vegetable.
I am glad we tried a garden and I will do it again next year We just need a new system to keep the animals away. Anyone have some suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem at my house. Scott Wright says a bb gun works well. Others tell me to hang a cd or get a fake owl. I can't get the birds to stop eating my apples. and the snails eat my tomatoes. I think you could set some traps for the squirrels. I don't know if you've heard of Joy in the garden but she has a lot of good ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive