paradise

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Ellie's Juice Joint Oct 2015

For Ellies' 15th birthday she decided she wanted to have a murder mystery party.  Since I did this for one of Scott's birthday party's I thought it would be a cinch.  Turns out I lost all the stuff from his party so I had to make a totally new one.  I used new characters and new story line so it was the same idea but totally different.  
She decided on a 1920's juice joint theme. I want to say this party turned out so great.  Everyone got involved.  Scott was the bartender and the boys were the bus boys and servers.  We dolled the whole place up with glitz and glam with plenty of hours de vours.  But the main thing was drinks.  This was after all a juice joint.
The drinks were a 
white lady= pina colada
side car=mai tie
Bees Knees=Margarita
tuxedo number 2=martinellis 
all non alcholic of course.  For the cake we decided to make little pettifores.  they were chocolate cake with cream cheese chocolate frosting and a marshmallow fondant.  Yes they were all made from scratch and they were delicious!
My version of the murder mystery party is a little like clue.  I created main characters all with a back story and a motive to have killed the victim.  I also had rooms created. And weapons used. All of which can be changed  to fit any theme.  One of these days I will get around to linking my game with this blog should anyone want it.
I print off cards of each of these and put 1 of each category in an envelope and that is the who what and where.  I do this so know one really knows if they are the murder and that helps them to act shocked and innocent. Also I would hate for them to give themselves away during the middle of the game.  Everyone gets a paper with the suspects, weapons, and rooms on it.  The suspects are given 2 or 3 cards in an envelope.  Their cards have either a person, weapon, or room.  That tells them what is not in the final envelope.  However they cant show anyone their cards.  Everyone has to go around asking questions to the different suspects until they figure out who dun it.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive