paradise

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Explore the City

We had the day off of school for Civil Rights day and nothing planned to do.  Scott had to work so it was just me and the kids.  After getting everyone ready for the day I thought we could have an 
"Explore the City" Day
The kids wanted to start it off with a trip to our favorite store, You guessed it D.I. we met my mom there and afterward decided to go out to lunch with her to one of our favorite places Cafe Rio Yummy.  It was nice to sit and just chat with my mom while the kids scarfed down their delicious food.  She had to meat up with some people after lunch so it was back to just me and the kids.  It was a nice day and I had to make a stop at Hobby Lobby so the kids asked if we could walk there.  (On the way up to D.I. we talked about the air quality and how we could help improve it.) So we walked over to Hobby Lobby so I could get some needed material for a surprise project.
After Hobby Lobby we walked over to a new found Cupcake Wars winner.  Its our goal to try all the Cupcake winners we come across.  The store was decorated super cute but I have to say the cupcakes at Cravings were WAY better.  The kids were funny in their comments.  They mentioned that this winner must have been up against some people that were terrible.  Not I am not saying that Once Sweet Slice cupcakes were bad they were good they just didn't hold a candle to Cravings cupcakes.
Because we were up in the area we stopped off at Scheels.  This store is a sporting goods store Disneyland.  They have tons of stuff to see and do.  I went with a specific goal in mind for a birthday present for my Sweetie but it was fun to take the kids and dream of all the stuff we could do.  After quite some time here I noticed that we needed to start heading back but first we stopped at Costco for some necessities and dinner.  All in all it was a fun day.  We saw and did a lot of stuff and had a lot of giggles. The next time when we have nothing to do we might just explore another part of the city.  You never know what kind of fun you can have.  










No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive