paradise

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Separation Anxiety

With all kids in school all day poor Peter is at a loss.  He has become the most moody he has ever been and needing to know where I am at ALL times.  I literally can't walk 3 feet with out him on my heels.  I think he is suffering from separation anxiety.  Now that his partner in crime (Brennen) is gone for what seems like an eternity to Peter, he is having a hard time functioning.  
I was getting really frustrated with this new behavior.  It is quite suffocating when you have to have someone ALWAYS right there. I am literally tripping over him.  If I don't want him clinging to me I have to explain in detail what I am doing or where I am going, even if its just in the basement.
The other day he watched me walk downstairs to put something away.  I decided to straighten up a little while I was down there and he freaked out.  He was screaming my name running all around upstairs and outside looking for me.  He didn't hear me yell that I was still downstairs.  When I came back up he was sobbing outside.  I finally taught him to look for my car in the garage.  Chances are if its still here, I'm still here.  Now that's the first thing he does when I am not in sight.
I realized this little guy needs some quality one on one time, and I had to think back of what I did when I just had one.  So we went to the park to enjoy these sweet moments of childhood that seem to go way too fast.  I need to remember that all too soon he will be gone as well and that I need to savor these moments.  The house can wait.  I need to play with my Peter Pie. 
Now if only he would let me go to the bathroom. . .    



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive