paradise

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Nerf Party









For Williams 7th birthday we did a "Nerf" party. I went very low key with his party this year because I was so busy with so many other things.

And yes this party was way under my $50 budget.

All who were invited were welcome to bring their own nerf guns for the battle with no more than 4 bullets. I only allowed 4 because I could afford to replace 4 for each kid if they got lost.
I got a couple of big cardboard boxes from an appliance center (for free) These were for the kids to hide behind during the battle. I bought 14 helmets and the dollar store. I got 7 of each color so we could have teams and not get confused. The most expensive thing was the nerf darts. I bought 80 extra darts.
I gathered all our nerf guns for those who didn't have one. I was a little embarassed to see that I had a whole tote full of nerf weaponry, but what do you expect when you have 3, actually 4 boys.
Food was your standard pizza, chips, and juice boxes.
For games we did some target practice, an obstacle course, but the favorite was a few rounds of capture the flag. The kids LOVED it. they wanted to play again and again and again. I had to break it up so they could eat cupcakes and open presents.
The cupcakes were not done well but I seriously ran out of time. So I copped out and just tried to do the Nerf logo on them. I know its sloppy but I was against the clock.
After that was done they had an all out Nerf war. They couldn't have been happier.
Well Happy Birthday My sweet little William I can't believe your 7. Its been a joy to have you in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive