paradise

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Literacy arts festival









Our city puts on a "Literacy Arts Festival" every year. It is all free. They have all kinds of arts and crafts. They have characters from classic books walking around. Performances of every kind and lots of freebies. Ellie was totally in her element. She even got invited to be Cinderella in a play. My favorite is the book swap. You can bring up to 3 books per person to swap for a brand new one from Barnes and Nobel. Ellie, Brennen, Peter, and I went with our friends the Smiths. It was a nice day and not super crowded which I loved. The kids favorite thing was the giant mosaic building blocks. The kids could build them into anything they wanted. They could have stayed there for hours. As it was, I think we spent almost an hour with the blocks alone. I love how our city has so many things they try to do for the community. The best part is they are often FREEeeeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive