paradise

Sunday, March 21, 2010

cupcakes




So at my church we had a birthday party for our Relief Society (That is the women's organization). For the dessert they wanted to have a cupcake decorating contest. I decided to try my luck, after all my sister is a fabulous cupcake designer maybe it runs in the family. (Well enough so I could win a contest) I am no match for my sister. Since it is spring I went with that. I made butterflies and daffodils and a monogram RS. I went to one of my favorite places the Library to check out some books to learn how to make the flowers. It turns out they are not that hard to make. They turned out pretty good for my first try. Everyone was sooo impressed. they all asked me how I did them. I gave my favorite reply "the library". Thanks to my wonderful mother who always took us to the library growing up and her great attitude of "I could probably figure it out" I was a big success. I won the grand prize and $25 cash. Now that is not saying much but for a church activity a $25 cash prize is a lot. Thanks mom and steph!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive