paradise

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday tradition





One of our latest traditions is one of my favorites. We just call it story hour. Every Sunday night we build a fire in the fire bowl and read stories. The stories usually consist of church history and other short church related stories. Some times we make smores or just roast plain marshmallows. Other times we just watch the stars. If we are feeling lonesome for the Utah caln we cook tin foil dinners in our little fire bowl in honor of my Dad who really enjoys those meat and potato packages. This just started out as something to do on a Sunday night but now everyone looks forward to it. I didn't realize the learning impact it had on my kids until Ellie started giving her testimony on church history. I hope we can all remember simple moments like this in our lives. So even though some nights it is still 90 degreas we still have our story hour, and we all love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive