paradise

Friday, October 16, 2009

Tea Party birthday



My sister has asked me if I have written a book about my kids birthday party's yet. The answer is no and probably never but here is a glimps just for
memories. One of my favorites was my daughters
tea party birthday. I found a canopy net that goes
over a queen size bed at goodwill. I hung that in
the trees and strung little flowers hanging from
the inside top of it. They kind of looked like
butterflies. I also got a bunch of small real tea cups
and saucers from good will to serve the tea. The
tea was hot apple cider because we don't drink
tea and kids don't really like tea. I filled the tea
pots with water and put the apple cider mix in the
sugar cups so the girls could scoop their own
sugar. For the food I made little peanut butter
and jelly, plain jelly, cucumber and cream
cheese, and ham sandwiches. We had fruit on
the side. I made a cake that looked like a tea pot. We had a fairy hunt. I made little faries out of foam butterfly wings, a jinglebell body, a little wooden bead for the head with a dismantled flower petal for the hair/hat. I just hot glued everything on. I hid them all over the back yard and in the garden. The kids got to take these home as a favor. We played a version of croquet, not the whole game for time reasons. On the invitations we asked the girls to come dressed appropriatly but for those who didn't we set out the dress up box so they could join the fun if they wanted. I always have a craft for the kids to do at my birthday partys so we decorated hats. I found a bunch of easter hats at goodwill but they can also be purchased at craft or part stores. I got a bunch of artificial flowers at the dollar store and let the girls hot glue the flowers on as they pleased. It was such a fun party all the kids loved it. I think its important to let the kids explore and create on their own. Who cares if they picked the ugliest flower to put on the top of their hat. It what they wanted. All you control moms out their. Just let them do it, even if you think it looks dorky, they think it looks great. I love doing this stuff even if my husband complains that I go a little crazy. to me its a good crazy. Stay tuned for more birthday stuff. I only have a little time here and there to work on my blog so I have to do everything in shifts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive