paradise

Monday, August 25, 2014

last Yuba lake day of the year Aug 2014

Our last official Yuba Lake day for the year.  We got up early to head down and get a spot.  It was pretty crowded on the shore but we found a place to squeeze in.  We noticed a lot of the boats were out of the water curious we talked to the people next to us who happened to be camping.  The said a huge storm came up the day before and people rushed to get their boats out of the water.  Large waves appeared and sunk 2 boats as they were trying to drive them to the launch ramp.  The would have been better off anchoring their boat and waiting out the storm.  Sounds like a life lesson in there somewhere.  Sometimes when the waters are too rough it might be best to just anchor down and wait it out.
We waited for quite some time for the rest of our crew to arrive.  It was kind of nice to just sit and relax on the shore while our kids played and not have to worry about people needing something.  We did decide though that next time we draw straws and whoever gets the short straw has to go early to get the spot.  Why is it the people with the toys always have to stake a spot?  Once people started showing up the party started.  I had a great day on the lake.  I am getting better at taking initiative and if I want to take the wave runner out by myself I just do it.  I know that sound selfish but sometimes I have a hard time being selfish and then I miss out myself.  So I am trying to find that happy medium.  As for my wave runner skills they are getting better and better.  I can get some good air almost every time now.  Its all about the math actually, you have to know how fast and where to hit the wave just right for maximum effect.  I even got the wave runner to do a full vertical for about 10 feet.  That is where the wave runner looks like its walking upright on the wave.  I was pretty proud of myself. Now if only I could master the submarine.
The weather cooperated so that is always nice and no one got hurt so win win.  Everyone love this silly blue floatie I bought at the end of the year clearence for Scott.  Ironically he has never tried it out but everyone else has a great time in it.  We swam, rode, paddle boarded, built sand waterfalls, ate, and didn't get sunburned so it was a perfect way to spend the last lake day of the year.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive