paradise

Saturday, December 28, 2013

lights

For black Friday we decided to take the whole crew up to Salt Lake to see the lights.  I was a little worried about the crowds but the temperature was so nice we didn't care how crowded it was.  When we got there it really wasn't that bad and do I dare say it was downright balmy at 50 degrees.  Who would have thought that I deemed 50 degrees balmy? However for winter here, that might as well be tropical.  
The lights themselves were expectantly spectacular.  Always so beautiful and now with City Creek right next door it was even more sparkly.  We took the Zadrozny's even after I vowed never to take them again after our last experience with them but I thought with the warmer weather it wouldn't be too bad. They handled themselves okay, but a certain someone was extra annoying. I could have done without that persons antics. What is it they say? . .  It's not about being with people you like its about being with family.
My little boys were the most excited.  They oohed and ahahahd at all the lights.  We even came across Santa who handed out 1,000,000.00 dollar bills.  Peter was ecstatic.  I told him they were only valid in the North Pole and he had to find his own way to get there.  Surprisingly he was okay with that.  
One of my favorite things is the candy windows in Macy's.  They used to be the candy windows in ZCMI and thankfully Macy's was willing to continue on with the tradition.  I think it would be so fun to help decorate one of those.  One special surprise for me was the discovery of poppies still blooming their vibrant colors to create a little sunshine just for me.  I was so thankful for those poppies.
 After all the exciting lights we went to visit the nativity.  Oh how I love the nativity on the water.  I love that it reminds me of what Christmas is really about.  I love the reverence that surround this holy scene.  What peace it brings my soul.      


















one million dollars







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive