paradise

Sunday, May 26, 2013

This is the Place Heritage Park baby animals.

We are finding with a lot of these activities we do and places we go, if we think there is a chance we might go again within the year. Its worth it for us to buy a family pass.  It is usually just a couple of dollars extra.  One of those such passes we got was to "This is the Place Heritage Park". This is a pioneer park filled with historic buildings and activities that pioneers did, complete with educated instructors on all things pioneer.  They are so willing to help and explain how life once was. This is a really great place for families to go.  Even if you think you've heard it all, its still fun.
We had a day during spring break so I decided to take the kids to go see the baby animals.  (This was actually the day before my dad died.) I almost didn't go but I thought the kids needed a break for their spring break.  In the end I was glad I took them.  They tried everything they could.  
Its amazing how fun a chore becomes when its a little different.  They loved doing the laundry the old fashioned way, but I have to beg them to put their clothes away.
Pulling weeds is a death sentence but using an old plow was entertaining?  Kids are crazy.  But I loved that they were learning and appreciating their modern life.
Of all the things the baby animals were of course the favorite.  We literally spent 30 minutes just playing with the baby chicks.  Then we moved onto the bunnies, goats, and lambs.  Oh how they loved the animals, now they want to live on a farm and take care of all these creatures. I told them I would ship them off to a farm for a couple of weeks first and then see how much they want to do these chores everyday.  Peter couldn't get enough of the lambs.  I lost him for a minute then found him snuggled up next to a brand new lamb.  He said "Oh mom, isn't he just so adorable!"  As I watched my baby enjoy the baby sheep I thought, "absolutely Peter"  what an adorable site. My favorite was the darling baby goats.  They are so stinkin' cute I could hardly stand it. After I tore them away from the babies we took the train around the park and over to the panning for gold.  
This was the end of the day but my kids were still begging for more time.  They were so excited when they found  little nuggets of gold (fool's gold).  We had so much fun and it was such a nice day my kids were begging to come back.  This time I could say yes because we still have our passes.


Peter couldn't even push the plow

William loved beating the rug, too bad he hates to vacuum







my personal favorite



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive