paradise

Saturday, January 15, 2011

January beach day











Those of you that have read my earlier post will probably think I can't make up my mind. However my motto is to enjoy my life where I'm at right now. Never waiting for things to happen or change to my ideal.
Today was an unusually warm day 85 degrees in January. So we decided to take the day off and head to the beach. It was about 77 at the beach. Poor Ellie was not feeling well but I thought the fresh air would help her feel better. We packed the car and headed out to one of my favorite winter beaches. For some reason this beach is better in the winter than the summer. It was a great day to get away. Scott and I are coming up on the end of our 5 year plan so we have been trying to put together another 5-10 year plan for our family. The talking consists mainly of employment and housing. All very valid subjects but a lot of hard decisions.



Today was a day just for fun. Just for now. The tide was really low so there were a lot of tide pools where we watched the sea come to life. I love the picture of the sea urchin and then the close up of the same one. To me it looks like graphic art. It just goes to show how much time and detail was put into this beautiful earth for us to enjoy. The water was even warm enough to get in. I do love days like this, where nothing else matters but to just enjoy what is around us. Usually with me that includes water. I blame it on my mother. I believe she is really part mermaid. If only I could prove it. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive