paradise

Thursday, December 27, 2012

End of the World party

Scott really wanted an "end of the world party"  He kept asking me over and over again if someone was going to have one.  I can take a hint so I came up with an idea Thursday morning.  (The end of the world was supposed to happen Friday.) I thought what better way to end the world than without any regrets.  So I communicated with everyone to get a few items from their bucket list.  I was very happy that quickly got back to me because this was a big idea with not a lot of time. It needed a lot of preparation

I was going to create the opportunity for them to accomplish things from their bucket list.  Thank goodness I was blessed with my Mom's quick creative thinking or this could not have happened.  I told everyone that I would be serving a main course then assigned sides and desserts for them to bring because lets face it I'm not super woman.
 My brother Drew and his family came appropriately prepared for the occasion.






When we were all fed I gather the adults around for the "special presentation."  They had no idea what I was going to do. They just knew that I asked for their bucket lists. I had everyone come up one by one and we crossed 2 items off of each persons list. For instance,
My sister Laura wanted to one day own a house and have a family.  So I wrote up a mortgage agreement that was paid in full and presented her with her new house ( A little ceramic house from the dollar store) and 3 children ( little toy kids)  Plus a realistic looking plane ticket to Machu Picchu.
My dad also wanted to go to Machu Picchu so he got a plane ticket as well.
 Then he and my mom wanted to learn Spanish. I just so happen to be married  to a fluent Spanish speaker who taught them Spanish.
 My  Mom also got a plane ticket but to Croatia. Now it needs mentioning that these tickets were good for 12/22/2012 however because the world was "ending"  they might not work.
My sister Kate wanted to own her own island and a dolphin.  So she got a deed to her island with pictures "that I had my good friend turn into a calendar". She even got her very own dolphin.

My sister-in-law Stacy has always wanted to be one of those flying squirrel people that jump off high places in those special jumpsuits.  That took a little time.  I dug in the dress ups for a jumpsuit I know I had and turned it into a squirrel jump suit.  I had her put on the suit some goggles and stand on a stool.  Then I proceeded to point a fan at her so she could get the full experience then had her jump off the stool.

My other sister-in-law Sarah has the dream of kissing her hubby on top of the Eiffel tower.  For this I printed out a picture of the Eiffel tower and had her kiss my brother.  Her next item was to hug the prophet.  To make this as lifelike as possible I printed off a picture of the prophets head and wore it as a mask so she could hug the prophet.

Jared wanted to get his pilots license so I created a license using print shop and card stock along with a few business cards to get him started.  However first he had to learn how to fly.  I was the instructor and taught him the basics of flying . . . . a remote controlled helicopter.  When he got the hang of it he earned his license.

Drew wanted to paddle a canoe down a river. So I made a wooden canoe for him and told him it there was a life size one just like it on the Nile but  the reservation is only good until tomorrow. He also wanted to own a catamaran to sail around the world.  For this he got a boat and a travel magazine.
the dead animals
dwarf tossing
midget fighting
My brother Scott wanted to fly a helicopter and shoot animals from the helicopter.  I had him try out the remote helicopter then tossed some animals on the ground and gave him a gun to shoot the animals.  He has also wanted to fight a midget so I brought Brennen up and told him, "Here's your midget get ready to fight."  They wrestled to around and then turned it into dwarf tossing. Gotta Love It.

My Scott wants to go to Hawaii.  So in his bag we pulled out a plane ticket and an ugly Hawaiian shirt with a shell necklace.  I had my sister-in-law Stacy who lived in Hawaii teach him the hula because it wouldn't be a trip to Hawaii with out a hideous shirt and learning the hula.

Amy wanted to paint a canvas and scuba dive in Fiji.  I had 2 canvas's for her. One I made her paint right then and there so she could check it off her list in case the world really did end the other I let her take home. For her Scuba I gave her some goggles and told her to go downstairs. I glued a bunch of fish on the magnet wall downstairs then drew all kinds of coral and sea life on the wall.  Unfortunately most of it was erased by the kids before we got down there.
The whole night was a lot of fun.  I was a little hesitant worried that they might think it was stupid but who was I kidding.  This is my family and my family is awesome.  They make the most out of everything and all had a great time.

1 comment:

Followers

Blog Archive