paradise

Sunday, February 21, 2010

williamisms


William 5 was talking to my sister Stephanie. Here is how the conversation went...
"Aunt Steph Jenni is your baby right?"
Steph answers " Yes she is. "
William asks with all seriousness, and sincerity. "Did you HATCH Shane and Paul too?" apparently is knowledge of how babies are born are influenced by chickens. I love the way this kids mind works.

William talking to grandma wright.
"Hey grandma you have a really fun house. You should've had some kids!"
Grandma said, "I do have kids. I have 8 kids."
William said. "You do?!?!. . . Where are they?"
grandma answers trying to hold a straight face, "Your mom is one of my kids."
William replies, "My MOM is one of your kids!?!?... But my mom is not a kid!"
Sweet understanding grandma says. "She used to be a kids but she is still one of my children."
Poor William just walked away very confused.

I walked in the kitchen to find William playing with a lighter. He was lighting a candle, but it was against the rules. I scolded him saying that playing with fire was VERY dangerous and NOT allowed. William with his logical mind explained to me,
"Mom when I grow up I am going to be a fireworks guy. So I need to play with fire now, so that I can be safe when I'm a grown up."
What do you say to that?

1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha Oh my I love the one about grandma, that was sooo funny!!!! It's funny to think that they forget we were little kids just like them. I love that you wrote these down and remembered them:)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive