paradise

Saturday, February 20, 2010

medieval party













Before you read this you have to understand. Scott has never had a birthday party growing up. It is just not something they celebrated. Super sad huh. I just learned this last year and threw him his very first birthday party last year. I am trying to make up for his uneventful childhood. Plus I am always looking for a reason to throw a party. We had a great birthday party for Him this year. The theme was royalty. I sent rolled invites addressed to Duke and Duchesses, Baron and Baronesses, and Earl and Countesses. It was grown ups only. Everyone was encouraged to come dressed accordingly. However they all just showed up with crowns on. I guess that is better than nothing. I decorated the rooms with Christmas lights, candles, and large flower arrangements. I tried to use things that they might have in medieval times so more twigs and leaves than flowers. As the guests arrived and while we ate dinner I had appropriate music playing to get everyone in the mood of medieval times. I also made coats of arms for every couple invited and hung them across the room like pennants for the activities arena. I served one of Scott's favorite meals THANKSGIVING DINNER. we had goblets filled with red wine (martineli's) and the desserts were individual cakes with the "S" monogram. Yes EVERYTHING was made from scratch. It just tastes better that way. after we ate our feast the festivities began. We had sword fighting and jousting. The boys got to keep their swords which they LOVED. Everyone had a great time all around. I wonder what I'll do next year? Any ideas shoot them my way.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Jane!!! You always do such a great job with parties!!! THe lights look amazing! And I love the invites and the little cakes!!! That looked like a lot of fun! Keep it up! I'll have to fly you up here for bryce's birthday next year haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so fun. You are a great hostess. :o) And Landon stole the sword from Chris and plays with it all day long. Thanks for the new toy!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive