paradise

Monday, November 2, 2009

Balloon "UP" birthday party






I can't believe Ellie is 9. My how time flies. We had her birthday on the craziest weather day ever. Well crazy for us. The day before was a beautiful 89 degrees and full sunshine. Her day was a cold 64 degrees hurricane. Not the best day for a balloon themed birthday party. At around 10 am I had 100 balloons filled inside of the trampoline enclosure. By the time the party started I had 8 balloons left. Weather aside it was a good party. We had some balloon relay games and shave the balloon with a razor without popping it. I also taught the kids how to make a balloon animal. Everyone had a good time regardless of the cold WINDY weather. Luckily we had a bounce house to entertain and warm up the kids by making them jump around. Her cake was "UP" inspired. I made a house out of cake then covered it with fondant and painted it with food coloring. I screwed a small piece of wood to a dowel stuck it in the cake and covered it with small cupcakes and fondant balls to look like balloons. It wasn't perfect but it was cute, and the kids LOVED it so thats all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive