paradise

Friday, June 18, 2010

Duck cage


Our house was starting to smell like a compost plant if you know what I mean. So it was time to make the duck pen. I bought the necessary supplies at Lowes. William and I set a date to make the pen. Unfortunately we picked the hottest day we have had so far (in the high 90's). But you know kids, they do not back down easily. I dug the holes for the posts in the toughest ground ever. I had to break out the pic axe. It took me over an hour to dig 5 post holes. keep in mind everything takes longer when you have little helpers.
Sometimes I wonder "am I really teaching them lessons like how to work and the joy of completing projects? Or am I just a glutton for punishment?"
The gate was the hardest because everyone wanted to help with that, including Peter. So 3 days later voila we have a duck pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive